Ive never really understood the reasoning behind the american holiday, thanksgiving. All i know is, each family makes turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn bread…basically lots of food!, and the whole family comes together to feast.
My thing was, why are americans dedicating one day to be thankful when you should be thankful everyday? But aah well, i’ve accepted it. So this year i’ve decided to share a few of the things i am most thankful for on this Thanksgiving day.
- I am thankful for God’s love. For without His love, i would not be here, i’m not sure i would even be alive.
- I am thankful for my family. Its been a rough couple of years with my family, bit each year gets better, and i’d say for me, this year has been the best! My family has shown me that they will never leave me no matter what, and they always got my back!
- I am thankful for ‘the purge’. You’re probably wondering what i mean by the purge. Basically, removing all unwanted things in my life; people, to be specific. Some friends that were no good in my life, boyfriends i was holding on to but couldn’t really realize the mistakes i was making, bad habits(drinking), time consuming activities that yielded no good results, amongst others.
- I am thankful for strength, the strength God has granted me to be able to stand firm through all of life’s trying moments. Because the “old” me would’ve broken down and cried, or given up/given in a while ago. Strength to stand against relationships, Strength to move forward with academic endeavors despite any roadblocks i may come across.
- I am thankful for good health.By His grace, i have no fears of having to see the doctor, i have no constant migraines, i am in great health!
- I am thankful for friends that have become like family to me. For without them, i wouldn’t be as strong as i am.
- I AM THANKFUL FOR IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!